Relaston’s technical advantage over other rubber recycling products
- In the crumb granulation process we have no burnt rubber particles, i.e. the carbon/sulfur bridges are not destroyed in the production process.
- We can produce fine crumb of less than 50μ at +400 mesh that always has an ambient surface.
- Our Patent process is Devulcanization without Depolymerization at a temperature of 130° Celsius max. Only with our process is it possible to vulcanize rubber like “new” virgin rubber at a considerably lower price than actual virgin rubber.
Replastikat is a substitute for fresh rubber compounds during vulcanization of all sulfur compound types of rubber at 45 % or more below world market prices for the following applications:
- Light truck tires as well as passenger car tires
- Surface activated rubber powder for the manufacture of automotive parts in the automotive industry.
- Modification of bitumen for special road asphalt (Total – Houston, Valley Asphalt – Cincinnati) and the manufacture of roofing pasteboard (roll roofing) as well as special roof shingles for North American companies.
- Fresh rubber compounds for the manufacture of conveyor belts, and other belting products etc.
- Manufacture of thermoplastic compounds for the automotive industry, like bumpers, battery casings, at 25% or more below world market prices.
There are many additional applications for Replastikat. It could also be a more cost-effective binding agent, replacing polyurethane in the manufacture of industrial flooring and building/construction protection mats.
Technical waste rubber, tires, rubber stripping and mats are shredded or granulated.
Rubber granulate is frozen to a temperature of minus 130 °C ( -202 °F), then fed into a special three-step fine grinding mill. The resulting material – granules with an ambient surface of 75/50μ – up to parts of minus 400 mesh
In a further step, involving a two patent process, the granulate is devulcanized by chemo-mechanical treatment (resulting in “Replastikat”), i.e. the rubber granulate is activated totally for use in new rubber compounds.
Sourcing & Customers